Tuesday 26 April 2011

Unexpected cheer-me-up


Mid way through a rotten week last week, THV surprised me by coming home with a bouquet of irises to cheer me up (my request had been doughnuts, but apparently the bakery was out). Beautiful, intensely blue-purple blooms that I can't photograph properly to save my life, from a local grower less than 5 km from our home! A happy-making surprise that comes along once every few years (THV not being known for his flower-giving tenancies). Every time I look at them I get warm fuzzies.

5 comments:

  1. They're beautiful (and smell nice too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does THV stand for?

    My guesses: Turnip Hunting Varmint, The Husband Variable, Tragically Hip Velociraptor

    ReplyDelete
  3. THV = Tall, Hot Viking. I believe I defined the term in a previous post. At some point I'll make a "cast of characters" link on the right side, when I get more characters to make it worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally like Turnip Hunting Velociraptor, and that is how I will define THV in my head from now on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well he DOES love turnips, and we did meet in 1st grade over our mutual love of dinosaurs, so THV is also an acceptable interpretation of the acronym :)

    ReplyDelete