|A pair of L. hookeri v. hookeri (C112)|
Time with adorable little plants has certainly improved my mood.
1 year old L. bromfieldii v. insularis ‘Sulphurea’ (C362). Love the colour!!
|Waiting to be potted|
Took a long time to get the pots labeled and prepared for the plants. Thankfully THV stepped in and helped with the tedious parts. I print out the names in a small font, cut them out and tape them on the pots with packing tape, which makes for reasonably waterproof labels. Finally realized that the tape sticks much better if I clean the pots with rubbing alcohol first. Duh.
L. julii ssp. fulleri v. fulleri (C161)
I'm a little worried about this jullii, the old leaves are very squishy and look like they might have a bit of mould or fungus in places. But the new leaves underneath feel nice and firm, so I gave it a quick paint with No Damp (which may have been a stupid thing to do) and am crossing my fingers! I love the pattern and would hate to lose it.
|I hope you live little L. jullii|
|Whew, taking a photo break|
Annnnnd done. Since we can't get pumice here in eastern Canada, I pot my lithops in a ~1:1:1 mix of black earth, coarse sand and Schultz Aquatic Plant soil which is a baked clay product that has the consistency of a fine gravel, doesn't break down when moistened and is similarly light like pumice. I've been topping the pots off with a layer of pure Aquatic Plant Soil because it both looks better and is easier to push aside to check for mealy bugs along the bodies of the plants.
|The new guys|