Sunday 1 May 2011

Faucaria paucidens and a loofah


My Faucaria paucidens seedlings are getting their first set of true leave - and they were only sown on April 3rd! It looks like they are sticking their little tongues out at me. These guys have grown like gangbusters - I probably got close to 100% germination. I keep expecting to get a die-off, but with the way they are piling up on each other in the pot it looks like I'm either going to have to cull some or nuts up and repot. I'm running out of space under my grow lights, and there are still so many lithops I want to sow!


Loofah!!! One of the 5 seeds I sowed germinated yesterday. What a cute little guy - and a freaking beast compared to the baby lithops. Yes, it is planted in a little yoghurt container.

The light brown powder is cinnamon - I'm terrified of damping off, and read somewhere cinnamon had anti-fungal properties. I've also read that chamomile tea is good too? Anyone used it before? I admit I'm using No Damp on my lithop seedlings, but have such a small amount left that I'm testing alternatives.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, very cute plants! They do look like they're sticking their tongues out!

    ReplyDelete